The MAGNON Susceptibility Bridge
The MAGNON VFSM is a new instrument that measures the initial magnetic susceptibility of rock specimens automatically in a wide range of frequencies and fields.
The frequency-dependence can aide in the detection of fine grained magnetic grains extending into superparamagnetic grain sizes.
Certain minerals, such as Fe-sulphides and titanomagnetites exhibit a field-dependence of susceptibility.
The VFSM uses advanced microprocessor technology for the detection of weak voltage differences and it facilitates short measuring times.
The measuring scheme is PC-controlled using a graphical user interface.
The MI VFSM consists of:
- a measuirng chamber with vertical sample access;
- an electronic control unit;
- a graphical software package;
- A notebook computer (optional), or a PC is required.
- Variable field: 20 - 500 A/m;
- Variable frequency: 30 Hz - 10 kHz;
- Sensitivity: 10-5 - 10-7 (SI)depending on frequency, field,
and electromagnetic environment;
- In-phase and out-of-phase determination;
- Max. Sample diameter: 35 mm ;
- Measuring time: approx. 3 s for all ranges and each setting.
- Depending on the number of desired frequency & field settings, the automatic cycle takes 5 - 10 min.
All this at a very competitive price.