Alternating Field Demagnetizer
The MI AFD 300 is an alternating field demagnetizer for the static demagnetization
of rock specimens in peak fields up to 300 mT (3000 Oe).
Anhysteretic remanent magnetizations (ARM) can also be imparted.
The MI AFD 300 consists of:
- Triple µ-metal shield (remaining field typically < 25 nT for E-W orientation);
- Demagnetizing coil;
- Sample holder for standard 1“ specimens;
- Power amplifier;
- Electronic control unit, microprocessor-controlled.
- Maximum field: 300 mT (3000 Oe);
- Setability: 0.1 mT ( 1 Oe);
- ARM dc field: adjustable from 0 to 270 µT;
- Frequency: approx. 105 Hz;
- Decay rates: 5, 10 or 20 mT/s;
- Total weight: < 50 kg.
All this at a very competitive price.